Voting in 2020
With the realities of COVID-19, there are a lot of moving pieces to voting this year, and many of us have questions. This page is meant to help provide you with access to the information and resources you need to successfully vote this year. Most of this information comes directly from lavote.net and is credited to them. Check out their website for the most up-to-date information.
• This year, every registered voter in California will automatically receive a Vote By Mail ballot.
• In order to receive your ballot, please double check that you are registered to vote. You can do that at https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov/
• Ballots will be mailed out to everyone on Monday, October 5, 2020.
• You can return your ballots in multiple ways - in the mail, at an official Vote By Mail drop box location, or at any Vote Center in LA County.
How To Fill Out Your Ballot:
• Use only black or blue ink pen to mark your choice on your ballot.
• Fill the entire oval matching your vote choice.
• Do not vote for more choices than indicated.
• Do not punch a hole through the ballot card.
Before You Return Your Ballot
• Place your voted ballot card(s) inside the Official Return Envelope
• Securely seal the Official Return Envelope
• Sign and date the back of the Official Return Envelope
How To Return Your Ballot
Check out the full guide through this Vote By Mail Ballot Guide on LAVote.net!
• By mail, no postage is necessary
• Must be postmarked by Election Day
• In person at any Vote by Mail drop box location*
• At any Vote Center in L.A. County**
*Secure Drop Box Locations: Find one close to you here
**Vote Center Locations: Find one close to you here
Vote Centers will be open every day from 10 AM to 7 PM during the early voting period. On Election Day Vote Centers will be open from 7 AM to 8 PM. Select Vote Centers will be available beginning Saturday, October 24. All Vote Centers will be available beginning Friday, October 30.
If you decide to vote in person, all Vote Centers will be following state and county public health.
• Please wear a mask and gloves (they will be made available if needed)
• Election workers will be wearing gloves and masks and wiping down devices after each voter
• Social distancing of 6 feet
To request your ballot or election materials in another language please call LA County’s Multilingual Services Section at 800-815-2666, option 3.
Misplaced or damaged your ballot?
• Mark your choice on the sample ballot on the official sample ballot page. Insert into Ballot Return Envelope and mail back
• Call (800) 815-2666, option 2 to request a replacement ballot before Election Day
Paid for by Fatima Iqbal-Zubair for Assembly 2020 FPPC ID# 1420710
5429 Madison Avenue Sacramento, CA 95841